90 Chewable Tablets ( SKU: 9282, NPN: 80020918 )
- Reduces stress and anxiety, restoring a calm mental state
- Contains Suntheanine®, a pure form of L-theanine, produced via a patented enzymatic process resulting in 100% pure L-isomer theanine
- Suntheanine is the most clinically studied L-theanine
- Delicious tropical fruit-flavoured chewable tablets
L-theanine is an amino acid found naturally in tea. It has been shown to exert a calming effect on the brain, triggering the production of alpha brain waves associated with an awake-relaxed state, and decreasing beta brain waves associated with feelings of restlessness and nervousness.1,2 L-theanine influences levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and glutamate and is also metabolized into gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that is key to relaxation and memory.3
L-theanine can help temporarily promote relaxation and improve feelings of stress. In one study, a group of 50 female subjects, aged 18–22 years, were divided into a high-anxiety and a low-anxiety group. They received either water (as a control) or a solution containing 50 mg or 200 mg of L-theanine, and their brain waves were measured for 60 minutes afterwards. Compared to controls, the group receiving 200 mg of L-theanine had a significant increase in alpha brain waves, indicating a relaxation effect.2 Similar results were seen in another clinical trial where 35 healthy young volunteers received 50 mg of L-theanine and had elevated alpha brain wave activity for 105 minutes afterwards.1
Serving Size: 2 Chewable Tablets
Servings per Container: 45
Each Chewable Tablet Contains:
Suntheanine® L-Theanine...................................................................100 mg
Organic cane juice, xylitol, stearic acid, silica, natural fruit flavour (pineapple, banana, pomegra-nate, mango, passion fruit, orange, tangerine, mandarin), citric acid, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial preservatives, colours or sweeteners and no dairy, soy, wheat or yeast. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
Chew 2 tablets per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. Keep out of reach of children.
While no specific contraindication exists or is predicted, data is lacking for use during pregnancy, lactation and in children and the dosage may need to be reduced for those less than 18.
L-theanine is known to have a hypotensive effect in some individuals, and concomitant use of antihypertensive drugs may potentiate their activity.
- Nobre, A.C., Rao, A., &Owen, G.N. (2008). L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asian Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 17 Suppl 1, 167-168.
- Juneja, L.R., Chu, D., Okubo, T., et al. (1999). L-theanine-a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans. Trends in Food Science &Technology, 10, 199-204.
- Rao, T.P., Ozeki, M., &Juneja, L.R. (2015). In search of a safe natural sleep aid. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 34(5), 436-447.