90 Tablets ( SKU: 9300, NPN: 80064503 )
- Promotes relaxation and increases resistance to stress and anxiety
- Provides adaptogenic protection against diverse stressors
- Herbal formula, no glandular extracts
- Standardized herbal ingredients provide 5% Withanolides (Ashwagandha), 1.5% Honokiol (Magnolia), and 0.1% Berberine (Phellodendron)
- Each tablet contains clinical dosages of botanicals
- Suitable for vegetarians
CortAlign contains a unique variety of botanicals and nutrients shown to have synergistic blunting effect on stress and anxiety, as well as normalizing cortisol secretion. Ashwagandha has a number of adaptogenic effects, including modulating GABA receptors, which is partly responsible for the significant reduction in anxiety and stress as shown in clinical trials.1,2 The KSM-66 formulation of Ashwagandha specifically has been shown to reduce serum cortisol levels, and improve markers of depression, stress, and anxiety compared to placebo.3
The combination of Magnolia and Phellodendron (Relora® Blend) has a synergistic effect for reducing stress and anxiety, and has been shown to reduce salivary cortisol levels and perception of stress, to improve other mood parameters such as depression, and to prevent stress-related weight gain compared to placebo.4,5 L-theanine (Suntheanine®) has also been shown to reduce anxiety in clinical trials, and to reduce both subjective stress and cortisol production in response to a stressful event.6,7 Phosphatidylserine plays a critical role in neuronal cell structure and function, and has been shown to blunt the stress response, improve mood, and normalize cortisol release.8,9
|Each Tablet Contains:|
|KSM-66 AshwagandhaTM Extract (Withania somnifera) (root) (5% Withanolides)||300 mg|
|Relora® Blend||250 mg|
|Magnolia Bark (Magnolia officinalis) (stem bark) (8.5% Honokiol)||68.75 mg|
|Phellodendron (Phellodendron amurense) (stem bark) (2.5% Berberine)||22.50 mg|
|Suntheanine® L-Theanine (Camellia sinensis) (leaf)||100 mg|
|Phosphatidylserine (Helianthus annuus) (seed)||25 mg|
Microcrystalline cellulose, dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, silica, coating (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], glycerin), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
2 tablets per day or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Consult a health care practitioner if you have benign prostate hypertrophy and/or prostate cancer, are taking any prescription medication, have a kidney disorder, or if you have blood pressure problems. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you suffer from any psychological disorder and/or condition such as frequent anxiety or depression. May cause heartburn, shaking hands, perilabial numbness, sexual dysfunction and thyroid dysfunction. Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children.
L-theanine is known to have a hypotensive effect in some individuals, and concomitant use of with anti-hypertensivedrugs may potentiate their activity. Theoretically, the herbs present in CortAlign may have additive effects when used withsedative medications, such as benzodiazepines or CNS depressants, and should be used with caution when taken concomitantly.
- Candelario M, Cuellar E, Reyes-Ruiz JM, et al. Direct evidence for GABAergic activity of Withania somnifera on mammalian ionotropic GABAA and GABA. receptors. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Aug 2;171:264-72.
- Pratte MA, Nanavati KB, Young V, et al. An alternative treatment for anxiety: a systematic review of human trial results reported for the Ayurvedic herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). J Altern Complement Med. 2014 Dec;20(12):901-8.
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62.
- Talbott SM, Talbott JA, Pugh M. Effect of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora®) on cortisol and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug 7;10(1):37.
- Garrison R, Chambliss WG. Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on weight management: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Ther Health Med. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):50-4.
- Ritsner MS, Miodownik C, Ratner Y, et al. L-theanine relieves positive, activation, and anxiety symptoms in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: an 8-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 2-center study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2011 Jan;72(1):34-42. doi: 10.4088/JCP.09m05324gre.
- White DJ, de Klerk S, Woods W, et al. Anti-Stress, Behavioural and Magnetoencephalography Effects of an l-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial. Nutrients. 2016 Jan 19;8(1). pii: E53. doi: 10.3390/nu8010053.
- Benton D, Donohoe RT, Sillance B, et al. The influence of phosphatidylserine supplementation on mood and heart rate when faced with an acute stressor. Nutr Neurosci. 2001;4(3):169-78.
- Hellhammer J, Vogt D, Franz N, et al. A soy-based phosphatidylserine/ phosphatidic acid complex (PAS) normalizes the stress reactivity of hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal-axis in chronically stressed male subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled study. Lipids Health Dis. 2014 Jul 31;13:121.