90 Vegetarian Capsules ( SKU: 9670, NPN: 80042695 )
- Rhodiola helps to improve depression, anxiety and stress related fatigue10,11,12
- Eleutherococcus increases immunity and increases work capacity13,14
- Schisandra enhances endurance, accuracy of movement and mental performance15
- Withania exerts anti-inflammatory, antitumour, antistress, antioxidant, immunomodulatory and hemopoietic properties16
- Suma improves immunity (macrophage activity) in vivo17
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
According to the American Psychological Association’s “Stress in America” survey, 22% of those interviewed consistently reported high levels of extreme stress in their lives.1 The consequences of untreated chronic stress can trigger a wide variety of significant medical issues including anxiety, depression, coronary heart disease (CHD), insomnia and obesity.2 The link between heart disease and stress is clear. Research has shown that 40% of patients with CHD have clinical depression, whereas the prevalence of depression in the general population at large is 5 to 10%.3 Numerous therapeutic interventions for the treatment of chronic stress are available including cognitive behavioural therapy, yoga, tai chi, music and active relaxation training.4-8 Other complementary medicine options include the use of herbs, broadly classified as adaptogens, which aid in both the physiological and psychological adaptation to numerous external and internal stressors.9 AdrenaVantage AG contains several of the most clinically researched adaptogens including Rhodiola rosea, Eleutherococcus senticosus and Withania somnifera.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings per Container: 90
Each Vegetarian Capsule Contains:
Roseroot Extract (Rhodiola rosea) (root) (3.5% Rosavins)....................................100 mg
Suma Powder (Pfaffia paniculata) (root)...................................................................100 mg
Siberian Ginseng Extract (Eleutherococcus senticosus) (root)..............................100 mg
(0.25% Eleutherosides B, 0.4% Eleutherosides E)
Schisandra Extract (Schisandra chinensis) (fruit) (2% Schisandrins)......................80 mg
Ashwagandha Extract (Withania somnifera) (root) (1.5% Withanolides)..............80 mg
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
1 capsule 2 times per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. Not to be taken immediately before bedtime. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 1 month.
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have bipolar affective disorder or hyperthyroidism.18,19 Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have any type of acute infection. Do not use if you have high blood pressure. Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. May cause insomnia.18 Keep out of reach of children.
Do not take with warfarin.20
- http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2012/01/chronic-disease.aspx (Accessed on Aug 15th, 2012).
- Baum, A, Polsusnzy, D. Health Psychology: Mapping Biobehavioral Contributions to Health and Illness. Annual Review of Psychology, 1999;50: 137-163.
- von Känel R. Psychosocial stress and cardiovascular risk: current opinion. Swiss Med Wkly. 2012;142:0. doi: 10.4414/smw.2012.13502.
- Durham RC, Chambers JA, Power KG, Sharp DM, Macdonald RR, Major KA, Dow MG, Gumley AI. Long-term outcome of cognitive behaviour therapy clinical trials in central Scotland. Health Technol Assess. 2005;9:1-174.
- Chong CS, Tsunaka M, Tsang HW, Chan EP, Cheung WM. Effects of yoga on stress management in healthy adults: A systematic review. Altern Ther Health Med. 2011;17:32-8.
- Esch T, Duckstein J, Welke J, Braun V. Mind/body techniques for physiological and psychological stress reduction: stress management via Tai Chi training - a pilot study. Med Sci Monit. 2007;13:CR488-497.
- Lucini D, Malacarne M, Solaro N, Busin S, Pagani M. Complementary medicine for the management of chronic stress: superiority of active versus passive techniques. J Hypertens. 2009;27:2421-8.
- Khalfa S, Bella SD, Roy M, Peretz I, Lupien SJ. Effects of relaxing music on salivary cortisol level after psychological stress. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;999:374-6.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue, and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2009;4:198-219.
- Darbinyan V, Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, Gabrielyan E, Malmström C, Panossian A. Clinical trial of Rhodiola rosea L. extract SHR-5 in the treatment of mild to moderate depression. Nord J Psychiatry. 2007;61:343-8.
- Olsson EM, von Schéele B, Panossian AG. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of Rhodiola rosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue. Planta Med. 2009;75:105-12.
- Bystritsky A, Kerwin L, Feusner JD. A pilot study of Rhodiola rosea (Rhodax) for generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). J Altern Complement Med. 2008;14:175-80.
- Bohn B, Nebe CT, Birr C. Flow-cytometric studies with Eleutherococcus senticosus extract as an immunomodulatory agent. Arzneimittelforschung. 1987;37:1193-6.
- Asano K, Takahashi T, Miyashita M, Matsuzaka A, Muramatsu S, Kuboyama M, Kugo H, Imai J. Effect of Eleutherococcus senticosus extract on human physical working capacity. Planta Med. 1986;3:175-7.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail: an overview of Russian research and uses in medicine. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;118:183-212.
- Mishra LC, Singh BB, Dagenais S. Scientific basis for the therapeutic use of Withania somnifera (ashwagandha): a review. Altern Med Rev. 2000;5:334-46.
- Pinello KC, Fonseca Ede S, Akisue G, Silva AP, Salgado Oloris SC, Sakai M, Matsuzaki P, Nagamine MK, Palermo Neto J, Dagli ML. Effects of Pfaffia paniculata (Brazilian ginseng) extract on macrophage activity. Life Sci. 2006;78:1287-92.
- van der Hooft CS, Hoekstra A, Winter A, de Smet PA, Stricker BH. [Thyrotoxicosis following the use of ashwagandha]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2005;149:2637-8.
- Mu Y, Zhang J, Zhang S, Zhou HH, Toma D, Ren S, Huang L, Yaramus M, Baum A, Venkataramanan R, Xie W. Traditional Chinese medicines Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra chinensis Baill) and Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch) activate pregnane X receptor and increase warfarin clearance in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;316:1369-77.
- Brown R, et al. Rhodiola rosea: A Phytomedicinal Overview. Herbalgram, 2002;56:40-52.