360 Softgels ( SKU: 9201, NPN: 80021409 ), 180 Softgels ( SKU: 9200, NPN: 80021409 )
- PGX is the most clinically studied and proven polysaccharide complex
- Proven safe; without the side effects of prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Ultra Matrix delivery system ensures rapid dispersal and action of PGX
- Proprietary complex contains three viscous natural polysaccharides that together provide higher viscosity than any other known fibre
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) help increase metabolism and may help improve blood-glucose-related disorders such as diabetes
PGX (PolyGlycopleX) is a highly viscous combination of water-soluble polysaccharides derived from konjac root, sodium alginate, and xantham gum. Viscous fibres have been shown to reduce postprandial glucose concentrations and lower total and LDL cholesterol, primarily by forming a gel matrix which slows gastric emptying.1,2 Viscous fibres also trap ingested carbohydrates and lipids inside the gel matrix, decreasing the transport and uptake of glucose and cholesterol at absorptive surfaces. Clinical trials have shown that in addition to the benefits of glucose and lipid reduction, highly viscous fibres were found to lower insulin secretion and C-peptide in response to carbohydrate meals, and also improve glucose tolerance.3,4
Viscous fibres effectively reduce the glycemic index of foods consumed simultaneously by preventing the postprandial spikes in blood glucose concentration.5,6 Fibre viscosity has been associated with increased satiety and reduced appetite; in a randomized trial, PGX reduced hunger and prospective consumption when combined with a low calorie diet, and in an earlier trial enhanced weight loss and reduced percent body fat when used in concert with lifestyle changes.7,8 PGX‘s viscosity is greater than other known sources of soluble fibre, allowing for easier dosing and greater efficacy for its diverse benefits.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 180 or 360
Each Softgel Contains:
PGX (PolyGlycopleX) (Amorphophallus konjac, Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum)........750 mg
Medium Chain Triglycerides........................................................................................... 600 mg
Softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob, annatto, titanium dioxide), yellow beeswax, soy lecithin.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, or GMOs. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place
For best results take PGX Daily softgels with or without meals with 375–500 mL of water or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Week 1: 1–2 softgels, 3 times daily
Week 2: 2–4 softgels, 3 times daily
Weeks 3 and beyond: 3–6 softgels, 3 times daily
Consult a health care practitioner if you are under 18 years of age, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any
health concerns. If you are taking medication, take it one hour prior to, or two hours after taking PGX. If your goal is to
achieve weight loss or if you are diabetic or on cholesterol lowering medications, consult a qualified health care
practitioner prior to use. Keep out of reach of children.
A reduction in serum glucose concentrations by PGX may require a lowering of the dosage of any antidiabetic medications, and serum glucose should be monitored closely to prevent hypoglycemia.9
- Reimer RA, Yamaguchi H, et al. Changes in visceral adiposity and serum cholesterol with a novel viscous polysaccharide in Japanese adults with abdominal obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013 Sep;21(9):E379-87.
- Jenkins AL, Kacinik V, et al. Effect of adding the novel fiber, PGX®, to commonly consumed foods on glycemic response, glycemic index and GRIP: a simple and effective strategy for reducing post prandial blood glucose levels--a randomized, controlled trial. Nutr J. 2010 Nov 22;9:58. doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-9-58.
- Flammang AM, Kendall DM, et al. Effect of a viscous fiber bar on postprandial glycemia in subjects with type 2 diabetes. J Am Coll Nutr. 2006 Oct;25(5):409-14.
- Reichert RG, Lyon MR, Kacinik V, et al. Decreasing cardiovascular risk factors in obese individuals using a combination of PGX® meal replacements and PGX® granules in a 12-week clinical weight modification program. J Complement Integr Med. 10(1):1-8, 2013. doi: 10.1515/jcim-2013-0003.
- Brand-Miller JC, Atkinson FS, et al. Effects of added PGX®, a novel functional fibre, on the glycaemic index of starchy foods. Br J Nutr. 2012 Jul;108(2):245-8. doi: 10.1017/ S0007114511005447.
- Brand-Miller JC, Atkinson FS, et al. Effects of PGX, a novel functional fibre, on acute and delayed postprandial glycaemia. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 Dec;64(12):1488-93. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2010.199.
- Kacinik V, Lyon M, et al. Effect of PGX, a novel functional fibre supplement, on subjective ratings of appetite in overweight and obese women consuming a 3-day structured, low-calorie diet. Nutr Diabetes. 2011 Dec 12;1:e22. doi: 10.1038/nutd.2011.18.
- Lyon M, Reichert R. The effect of a novel polysaccharide blend (PGX® granules) on short-term weight loss and other laboratory parameters in overweight and obese adults: an observational retrospective clinical analysis. Altern Med Rev. 15(1): 68-75, 2010.
- Chen HL, Sheu WH, et al. Konjac supplement alleviated hypercholesterolemia and hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetic subjects--a randomized double-blind trial. J Am Coll Nutr. 2003 Feb;22(1):36-42.