60 Vegetarian Capsules ( SKU: 9459U )
- Includes 10 billion cfus (colony forming units) of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 per capsule
- Superior shelf stability. Refrigeration not required
- Resistance to GI acidity allows it to reach the large intestine*1
- BB536 is one of the most studied species in the world
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Probiotic-Pro BB536 is a special proprietary probiotic strain with prolonged stability and exceptional biological value.* Probiotic-Pro contains 10 billion cfus (colony forming units) per capsule of the species Bifidobacterium longum BB536, one of the most researched in the world. It resists digestive secretions for successful delivery to the large intestine in a living state, has a shelf life remarkably longer and more stable than other probiotic supplements, and demonstrates a lower rate of loss than other strains of Bifidobacterium exposed to multiple different temperatures.*2 Supported by more than 70 scientific reports, including 35 human clinical trials, numerous published human clinical trials have found that BB536 provides a natural defense against occasional digestive upsets, including constipation, abdominal discomfort, gas, and bloating.*
Isolated from healthy human gastrointestinal (GI) tracts, Bifidobacterium has long been recognized to be a beneficial genus, constituting over 90% of total GI bacteria in breastfed infants.*3 It helps with immune support by maintaining secretory IgA levels already within the normal range, supporting NK cell and neutrophil activity already within the normal ranges, and helping maintain healthy Th1 and Th2 balance.*4–6 It has also been shown to support the mucosal barrier by maintaining tight intestinal cell junctions, improve the bodily ratio of beneficial to harmful bacteria, and help decrease ammonia and putrefactive products in the digestive tract.*7 Supplementation with BB536 has been shown to support healthy immune function, help maintain cholesterol levels already within the normal range, support normal elimination frequency, and support healthy bowel function.*8–12
Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Suggested Usage: 1–2 capsules 2–3 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
No known drug interactions exist. Separation by at least 2 hours from antibiotic use may improve the efficacy of Probiotic-Pro BB536.
- Clark, P.A., & Martin, J.H. (1994). Cult Dairy Prod J, 29:18-21.
- Abe, F., Miyauchi, H., Uchijima, A.,et al. (2009). Int J Food Sci, 44: 718-24.
- Roger L.C., Costabile A., Holland D.T., et al. (2010). Microbiology, 156(Pt 11):3329-41.
- Iwabuchi, N., Takahashi, N., Xiao, J.Z., et al. (2007). Microbiol Immunol, 51(7):649-60.
- Xiao, J.Z., Kondo, S., Yanagisawa, N., et al. (2006). Clin Exp Allergy, 36(11):1425-35.
- Akatsu, H., Iwabuchi, N., Xiao, J.Z., et al. (2012). JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr, [Epub ahead of print]
- Takeda, Y., Nakase, H., Namba, K., et al. (2009). Inflamm Bowel Dis, 15(11):1617-8.
- Xiao, J.Z., Kondo, S., Yanagisawa, N., et al. (2007). Allergol Int, 56(1):67-75.
- Namba, K., Hatano, M., Yaeshima, T., et al. (2010). Biosci Biotechnol Biochem, 74(5):939-45.
- Kondo, J., Xiao, J.Z., Shirahata, A., et al. (2013). World J Gastroenterol, 19(14):2162-70.
- Odamaki, T., Sugahara, H., Yonezawa, S., et al. (2012). Anaerobe, 18(1):14-8.
- Andrade, S., & Borges, N. (2009). J Dairy Res, 76(4):469-74.