4.55 oz Powder ( SKU: 9676U )
- Provides recommended 40:1 ratio of myo-inositol to D-chiro-inositol
- Contains naturally occurring forms of inositol
- Includes methylcobalamin and activated folate (L-5-MTHF) for healthy fertility and pregnancy*
- Adequate folate in healthful diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect
- Unflavored powder allows for easy twice-per-day dosing
Myo-Inositol Plus provides the two most common, naturally occurring, and complementary forms of inositol: myoinositol and D-chiro-inositol. Both forms of inositol have been shown to support ovarian, metabolic, and endocrine function in women.*
Myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol have been shown to support both ovarian function, including cycle regularity and normal LH levels, and metabolic function, including HOMA index and insulin.* Additionally, D-chiro-inositol supports endocrine function such as normal androgen levels, as well as blood pressure already within the normal range.*1-9
In Myo-Inositiol Plus, these complementary nutrients are combined in the 40:1 ratio that has been recommended by the International Consensus Conference on myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol.10
This product also contains methylcobalamin and activated folate (L-5-MTHF) for healthy fertility and pregnancy,* both of which are active forms that do not require metabolism for use. Adequate folate in healthful diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect.
Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Stir 1 scoop (2.15 g) into 250 ml of water 1–2 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
Do not use if you are taking immunosuppressive drugs and/or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not drive or use machinery for 5 hours after taking melatonin.
Myo-inositol has been shown to enhance the efficacy of clomiphene. When given with folic acid, it improved ovulation rates (65.5%) compared to clomiphene alone (42%), as well as pregnancy rates (53.8% combined use vs. 42.2% clomiphene alone).11 Medication dosage to control hyperglycemia may need monitoring, as myo-inositol has benefits on insulin sensitivity similar to metformin.12
- Gerli, S., Papaleo, E., Ferrari, A., et al. (2007). Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci, 11(5), 347-354.
- Unfer, V., Facchinetti, F., Orrù, B., et al. (2017). Endocr Connect, 6(8), 647-658.
- Costantino, D., Minozzi, G., Minozzi, E., et al. (2009). Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci, 13(2), 105-110.
- Nordio, M., & Proietti, E. (2012). Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci, 16(5), 575-581.
- Colazingari, S., Treglia, M., Najjar, R., et al. (2013). Arch Gynecol Obstet, 288(6), 1405-1411.
- Pizzo, A., Laganà, A.S., & Barbaro, L. (2014). Gynecol Endocrinol, 30(3), 205-208.
- Formuso, C., Stracquadanio, M., & Ciotta, L. (2015). Minerva Ginecol, 67(4), 321-325.
- Laganà, A.S., Barbaro, L., & Pizzo, A. (2015). Arch Gynecol Obstet, 291(5), 1181-1186.
- Genazzani, A.D., Santagni, S., Rattighieri, E., et al. (2014). Gynecol Endocrinol, 30(6), 438-443.
- Facchinetti, F., Bizzarri, M., Benvenga, S., et al. (2015). Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 195, 72-76.
- Rolland, A.L., Peigné, M., Plouvier, P., et al. (2017). Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci, 21(2 Suppl), 10-14.
- Fruzzetti, F., Perini, D., Russo, M., et al. (2017). Gynecol Endocrinol, 33(1), 39-42.