90 Chewable Tablets Tropical Breeze ( SKU: 9282U )
- Helps support a feeling of serenity and relaxation without drowsiness, which may also support quality of sleep.*
- Offers Suntheanine® L-Theanine, produced via a patented enzymatic process resulting in 100% pure
- L-Theanine helps support alpha brain waves, a relaxed but alert mental state, which can help support learning performance and concentration.*
- Tropical fruit-flavored chewable tables
L-theanine, an amino acid found naturally in tea, may support the production of alpha brain waves and help to maintain a calm mood.* Alpha waves are associated with an awake-relaxed state, as opposed to beta waves, which are associated with feelings of restlessness and nervousness.1,2 L-theanine may help support relaxation in the midst of occasional stress, as alpha waves are indicative of a relaxation state.*1,2
L-theanine may help maintain levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and glutamate that are already within the normal range, and is also metabolized into gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that may help support relaxation and memory.3
L-theanine can help temporarily promote relaxation and improve feelings of stress. In one study, a group of 50 female subjects, aged 18–22 years, were divided into a high-anxiety and a low-anxiety group. They received either water (as a control) or a solution containing 50 mg or 200 mg of L-theanine, and their brain waves were measured for 60 minutes afterward. Compared to controls, the group receiving 200 mg of L-theanine had a significant increase in alpha brain waves, indicating a relaxation effect.2 Similar results were seen in another clinical trial where 35 healthy young volunteers received 50 mg of L-theanine and had elevated alpha brain wave activity for 105 minutes afterward.1
Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Suggested Usage: Chew 1–2 tablets 3 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
L-theanine may potentiate the effect of antihypertensives in some individuals.*
- Nobre, A.C., Rao, A., & Owen, G.N. (2008 ). Asian Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 17 Suppl 1, 167-168.
- Juneja, L.R., Chu, D., Okubo, T., et al. (1999). Trends in Food Science & Technology, 10, 199-204.
- Rao, T.P., Ozeki, M., & Juneja, L.R. (2015). Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 34(5), 436-447.