72 g Powder Watermelon ( SKU: 9272, NPN: 80091247 )
- Increases cellular energy
- Provides a high dose of clinically relevant amounts of key nutrients, including 300 mg of CoQ10 and 1500 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine
- Contains a combination of sustainably made ancient peat and apple extracts shown to increase ATP levels, the primary currency of cellular energy, without increasing reactive oxygen species
- Antioxidant protection from superoxide dismutase and Opitac® L-glutathione provides redox balance within the cell
- Suitable for vegetarians, with easy dosing and natural watermelon flavour
Mitochondrial Formula is a unique combination of nutrients designed to enhance mitochondrial function by increasing ATP production, while also providing intracellular antioxidant protection. Mitochondria are the energy powerhouses of the cell, consuming 80–90% of a cell’s oxygen to produce ATP via the oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) process. Impaired mitochondrial bioenergetics underly both the aging process and many chronic cardiovascular, metabolic, and neurological conditions.1 Acetyl-L-carnitine shuttles fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane, essential for generating energy via fatty acid metabolism. It has been shown to improve fatigue, neurological and cognitive function, and blood pressure.2–5 The antioxidant CoQ10 is a component of the mitochondrial respiratory chain and an essential cofactor in the electron transport system. It has shown clinical benefit form any conditions, including hypertension and migraine.6
ElevATP™ is a blend of plant bio-inorganic trace minerals and an apple extract rich in polyphenols such as rocyanidins and chlorogenic acid. It has been shown to increase whole blood ATP levels as well as exercise performance and body composition, without an increase in reactive oxygen species.7–10 Given that mitochondria are the primary source of free radical production within a cell, the bioavailable Opitac® L-glutathione and superoxide dismutase (from Extramel®) are also key components. They are critical to redox balance within a cell and have been shown to reduce perceived stress and fatigue.11–13
|Each Serving (1 Heaping Scoop = 2.7 g) Contains:|
|Acetyl-L-Carnitine (N-Acetyl L-Carnitine Hydrochloride)||1500 mg|
|Coenzyme Q10 (microorganism)||300 mg|
|Ancient Peat Extract||148.5 mg|
|Apple Extract 85:1 (Malus domestica) (fruit)||1.5 mg|
|Opitac® L-Glutathione||100 mg|
|S.O.D Extramel® Complex (Cantaloupe (Cucumis melo subsp. melo var. cantalupo) (fruit))||10 mg|
|Superoxide dismutase (S.O.D)||140 IU|
Natural flavour, purified stevia leaf extract
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians.
Recommended Adult Dose: 1 heaping scoop (2.7 g) per day dissolved in 250 mL of water
or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take with food. Ensure you drink enough fluid
before, during, and after exercise. Use a minimum of 4 weeks to see beneficial effects.
While no specific contraindication exists or is predicted, data is lacking for use during pregnancy, lactation, and in children, and the dosage may need to be reduced for individuals under the age of 18.
Although very little evidence supports this interaction, a potential interaction is possible for individuals taking the anticoagulant Coumadin and both CoQ10 and acetyl-l-carnitine. Close monitoring of the INR is recommended in these patients. No other negative drug interactions are known for CoQ10, though a number of medications inhibit CoQ10 synthesis or function in the body, including statin or blood pressure medications, tricyclic antidepressants, and oral hypoglycemic agents, suggesting a potential benefit of combined use.
- Paradies G, Paradies V, Ruggiero FM, et al. Mitochondrial bioenergetics decay in aging: beneficial effect of melatonin. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017; 74(21):3897-3911.
- Ruggenenti P, Cattaneo D, Loriga G, et al. Ameliorating hypertension and insulin resistance in subjects at increased cardiovascular risk: effects of acetyl-L-carnitine therapy. Hypertension. 2009; 54(3):567-574.
- Malaguarnera M, Gargante MP, Cristaldi E, et al. Acetyl L-carnitine (ALC) treatment in elderly patients with fatigue. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2008; 46(2):181-190.
- Sima AA, Calvani M, Mehra M, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine improves pain, nerve regeneration, and vibratory perception in patients with chronic diabetic neuropathy: an analysis of two randomized placebo-controlled trials. Diabetes Care. 2005; 28(1):89-94.
- Wang SM, Han C, Lee SJ, et al. A review of current evidence for acetyl-l-carnitine in the treatment of depression. J Psychiatr Res. 2014; 53:30-37.
- Littarru GP, Tiano L. Clinical aspects of coenzyme Q10: an update. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2005; 8(6):641-646.
- Reyes T, Nemzer B, Argumedo R, et al. Effect of the dietary supplement ElevATP on blood ATP level: An acute pilot clinical study. J Aging Res Clin Pract. 2013; (2):178-184.
- Reyes-Izquierdo T, Nemzer B, Argumedo R, et al. The effect of ElevATPTM on exercise output: a single dose, blinded, three-way cross-over study. Curr Trends Nutraceut. 2016; 1(2): 1-9.
- Joy JM, Vogel RM, Moon JR, et al. Ancient peat and apple extracts supplementation may improve strength and power adaptations in resistance trained men. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016; 16:224.
- Joy JM, Falcone PH, Vogel RM, et al. Supplementation with a proprietary blend of ancient peat and apple extract may improve body composition without affecting hematology in resistance-trained men. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2015; 40(11):1171-1177.
- Quintana-Cabrera R, Bolaños JP. Glutathione and ?-glutamylcysteine in the antioxidant and survival functions of mitochondria. Biochem Soc Trans. 2013; 41(1):106-110.
- Honda Y, Kessoku T, Sumida Y, et al. Efficacy of glutathione for the treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: an open-label, single-arm, multicenter, pilot study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2017; 17(1):96.
- Carillon J, Notin C, Schmitt K, et al. Dietary supplementation with a superoxide dismutase-melon concentrate reduces stress, physical and mental fatigue in healthy people: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Nutrients. 2014; 6(6):2348-2359.