60 Liquid Softgels ( SKU: 9526, NPN: 80083245 )
- Provides the reduced form of glutathione, GSH
- Glutathione is the primary cellular antioxidant, protecting against many types of cellular injury
- LipoMicel® technology creates a liquid micelle matrix that disperses the glutathione into tiny microdroplets, resulting in a highly stable delivery system for higher absorption than standard forms
- Clinically effective dose, 300 mg per softgel
Glutathione is the most abundant intracellular antioxidant, not only providing protection against reactive oxygen and nitrogen species, but also playing a major role in multiple functions that maintain cellular homeostasis.1 Found in every cell, glutathione plays a role in immune function, gene expression, mitochondrial integrity, regulation of DNA and protein synthesis, and the detoxification of both endogenous and environmental toxins.2
While most intracellular glutathione is in a reduced state (GSH) with approximately 1% as an oxidized form (GSSG), this proportion can decrease in response to a variety of cellular stressors, including heavy metals, high glucose concentrations, poor nutrition, heat shock, reactive oxygen and nitrogen species, cigarette smoke, and other toxins including persistent organic pollutants.3,4 Indeed, it is the decline in GSH levels that has been associated with many chronic and age-related conditions, as well as the aging process itself.5,6
Supplementation with glutathione has clearly been shown to increase GSH levels in multiple sites in human clinical trials, including plasma, red blood cells, and lymphocytes.7 Additionally, improved forms of delivery such as liposomal glutathione and polymeric micelles (liquid micelle matrix) enhance bioavailability, provide resistance against intestinal degradation, and may also improve intracellular delivery of glutathione, bypassing potential enzymatic bottlenecks.8-10
|Each Softgel Contains:|
|L-Glutathione LipoMicel®*||300 mg|
Softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water), medium chain triglycerides, methylsulfonylmethane, xylitol, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, peppermint oil, Stevia rebaudiana leaf.
Recommended Adult Dose: 2 softgels per day or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs.
No known contraindications.
Glutathione theoretically may limit the efficacy of chemotherapeutic medications, and should only be used concomitantly under physician guidance.11
- Vašková, J., Kočan, L., Vaško, L., et al. (2023). Glutathione-related enzymes and proteins: A review. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), 28(3), 1447.
- Matuz-Mares, D., Riveros-Rosas, H., Vilchis-Landeros, M.M., et al. (2021). Glutathione participation in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Antioxidants (Basel, Switzerland), 10(8), 1220.
- Vázquez-Meza, H., Vilchis-Landeros, M.M., Vázquez-Carrada, M., et al. (2023). Cellular compartmentalization, glutathione transport and its relevance in some pathologies. Antioxidants (Basel, Switzerland), 12(4), 834.
- Lee, D.H., & Jacobs, D.R., Jr (2015). Hormesis and public health: Can glutathione depletion and mitochondrial dysfunction due to very low-dose chronic exposure to persistent organic pollutants be mitigated? J Epidemiol Community Health, 69(3), 294-300.
- Pérez, L.M., Hooshmand, B., Mangialasche, F., et al. (2020). Glutathione serum levels and rate of multimorbidity development in older adults. J Gerontol A Bio Sci Med Sci, 75(6), 1089-94.
- Minich, D.M., & Brown, B.I. (2019). A review of dietary (phyto)nutrients for glutathione support. Nutrients, 11(9), 2073.
- Richie, J.P., Jr, Nichenametla, S., Neidig, W., et al. (2015). Randomized controlled trial of oral glutathione supplementation on body stores of glutathione. Eur J Nutr, 54(2), 251-63.
- Sinha, R., Sinha, I., Calcagnotto, A., et al. (2018). Oral supplementation with liposomal glutathione elevates body stores of glutathione and markers of immune function. Eur J Clin Nutr, 72(1), 105-11.
- Solnier, J., Chang, C, Roh, K., et al (2021). Quercetin LipoMicel—A novel delivery system to enhance bioavailability of quercetin. J Nat Health Prod Res, 3(2), 1-8.
- Zeevalk, G.D., Bernard, L.P., & Guilford, F.T. (2010). Liposomal-glutathione provides maintenance of intracellular glutathione and neuroprotection in mesencephalic neuronal cells. Neurochem Res, 35(10), 1575-87.
- Traverso, N., Ricciarelli, R., Nitti, M., et al. (2013). Role of glutathione in cancer progression and chemoresistance. Oxid Med Cell Longev, 2013, 972913.