90 Vegetarian Capsules ( SKU: 9280, NPN: 80035852 )
- Anti-stress and antioxidant adaptogens restore and revitalize the body’s glands and organs under isolated and chronic stress conditions
- Herbal formula that contains no glandular extracts
- Provides broad-spectrum help for a variety of stress-related disorders
- Safe, non-addictive, and may be used long term
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), and Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) are herbs known for their adaptogenic and calming properties, and that mediate the effects of stress and fatigue. Adaptogens induce stress-protective benefits, mediated through regulation of homeostasis via several mechanisms of action associated with the hypothalamicpituitary- adrenal axis.1,2 Ashwagandha has been found to limit the production of dopamine and other hormones in response to stress, and acts as a GABA receptor agonist, all which have the effect of reducing the overall stress response.3,4,5 Siberian ginseng root contains eleutherosides known to have anti-fatigue and anti-stress effects, as well as immunomodulatory effects, and has been shown clinically to have therapeutic efficacy for chronic fatigue, stress, and improve athletic performance.6,7 Lavender oil is thought to act on both the central and sympathetic nervous system, and clinically has been shown to have a calming and relaxing effect, promoting an improved sense of wellbeing.8,9 Rhodiola rosea has been clinically shown to improve attention, cognitive function and mental performance, decrease the cortisol response to stress, and to exert an anti-fatigue affect.10,11,12
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings per Container: 45
Each Vegetarian Capsule Contains:
Sensoril® Ashwagandha Extract (Withania somnifera) (root and leaf)
(Standardized to 8% withanolides).......................................................125 mg
Siberian Ginseng Extract (Eleutherococcus senticosus) (root)..............75 mg
(Standardized to 0.8% eleutherosides)
Lavender 5:1 Extract (Lavandula angustifolia) (aerial)...........................75 mg
Rhodiola Extract (Rhodiola rosea) (root)................................................37.5 mg
(Standardized to 3.5% rosavins, 1% salidrosides)
Rice starch, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
1–2 capsules 2 times per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. Not to be taken immediately before bedtime. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 1 month.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have any type of acute infection or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Do not use if you have high blood pressure. Keep out of reach of children.
Theoretically, the herbs present in Sereni-Pro may have additive effects when used with sedative medications, such as benzodiazepines or CNS depressants, and should be used with caution when taken concomitantly. Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue, and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2009 Sep;4(3):198- 219. Epub 2009 Sep 1.
- Panossian A, Wikman G, Kaur P, Asea A. Adaptogens exert a stress-protective effect by modulation of expression of molecular chaperones. Phytomedicine. 2009 Jun;16(6-7):617-22. Epub 2009 Feb 1.
- Archana R, Namasivayam A. Antistressor effect of Withania somnifera. J Ethnopharmacol. 1999 Jan;64(1):91-3.
- Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, Abedon B, Ghosal S. A standardized Withania somnifera extract significantly reduces stress-related parameters in chronically stressed humans: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. JANA 2008;11:50-6.
- Yin H, Cho DH, et al. GABA-mimetic actions of Withania somnifera on substantia gelatinosa neurons of the trigeminal subnucleus caudalis in mice. Am J Chin Med. 2013;41(5):1043-51. doi: 10.1142/S0192415X13500705.
- Kuo J, Chen KW, Cheng IS et al. The effect of eight weeks of supplementation with Eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance capacity and metabolism in human. Chin J Physiol. 2010 Apr 30;53(2):105-11.
- Szolomicki J, Samochowiec L, et al. The influence of active components of Eleutherococcus senticosus on cellular defence and physical fitness in man. Phytother Res. 2000 Feb;14(1):30-5.
- Akhondzadeh S, Kashani L Comparison of Lavandula angustifolia Mill. tincture and imipramine in the treatment of mild to moderate depression: a double-blind, randomized trial. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2003 Feb;27(1):123-7.
- Louis M, Kowalski SD. Use of aromatherapy with hospice patients to decrease pain, anxiety, and depression and to promote an increased sense of well-being. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2002 Nov-Dec;19(6):381-6.
- Olsson EM, von Schéele B, Panossian AG. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of Rhodiola rosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue. Planta Med. 2009 Feb;75(2):105-12. Epub 2008 Nov 18.
- Darbinyan V, Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, et al. Clinical trial of Rhodiola rosea L. extract SHR-5 in the treatment of mild to moderate depression. Nord J Psychiatry. 2007;61(5):343-8.
- Bystritsky A, Kerwin L, Feusner JD. A pilot study of Rhodiola rosea (Rhodax) for generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). J Altern Complement Med. 2008 Mar;14(2):175-80.